INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AS A PROFESSION
Computer Science and Information technology (IT) professionals are essential to the functioning of any organisation. They offer IT systems support and systems development and administer computer networks, servers, and computers. They plan and coordinate hardware and software operations as well as provide technical information and assistance to users. Because job functions are constantly evolving in this field, IT professionals need to enjoy change, embrace lifelong learning and be innovative and quick to adapt.
Software testers, in a niche market of IT, ensure that quality is built into software product effectiveness, reliability, performance and value. They embed best practices into all phases of software development including planning, analysis, design, and testing. Software testing professionals increasingly perform more complex and diverse quality tasks such as requirement and code reviews and configuration and release management.
The demand for IT professionals and Quality Assurance and Testing Practitioners with technical as well as leadership and communication skills is on the rise globally. We offer qualifications and a range of specialist short courses that allow entry into the profession, as well as the opportunity to grow your skills set.
Our courses can be customised and delivered on-site or via virtual facilitator-led online classrooms.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COURSES
- NC: Information Technology: End-User Computing – SAQA ID: 61591 – Level 3
- FETC: Information Technology: Technical Support – SAQA ID: 78964 – Level 4
- NC: Information Technology: Systems Development – SAQA ID: 78965 – Level 4
- NC: Information Technology: Systems Development – SAQA ID: 48872 – Level 5
- NC: Information Technology: Systems Support – SAQA ID: 48573 – Level 5
- NC: Information Technology: Software Testing – SAQA ID: 83026 – Level 5
- Computer Literacy – Level 1
- Basic Email – Level 1
- MS Excel All Levels – Level 2-4
- MS Outlook – Level 2
- MS PowerPoint All Levels – Level 1-2
- MS Word All Levels – Level 1-3
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA N+
- Fundamentals of Software Quality Assurance
- Testing Automation Fundamentals
Professional Certification Preparation Workshops
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level
Where programmes are scheduled as part of the Public Schedule, minimum group sizes apply.